In winning at Sawgrass, world number one Jason Day joins just four other players to win The Players Championship, a major and a WGC during their career.
What you need to know:
· Day went wire-to-wire at Sawgrass, following an opening 63 (-9) which equaled the course record
· This is his 10th PGA TOUR win and 7th in his last 17 starts since the 2015 RBC Canadian Open
Jason has now won eight times since the start of the 2013-14 PGA Tour season – the most of any PGA Tour player in that timeframe
· Day plays a 10.5* M1 460 that plays to 9.5* with a MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X shaft tipped 1″, the same driver he’s played since last year’s BMW Championship.
· Day rotates between a UDI, RSi TP and RSi 2 2-iron. This week he played the RSi 2 2-iron, which is shafted with the same irons he plays in his RSi TP irons (DG X7).
· Day plays a combination of TaylorMade’s new Tour Preferred Satin Chrome EF wedges. While his lofts vary from tournament to tournament, he played a 47* in the Tour Grind and 52* & 58* in ATV grind with True Temper DG Tour Issue S400 shafts.
In Day’s Winning Bag:
· M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X tipped 1″
· M2 Fairway / 17* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80x tipped 1.5″
· RSi TP irons / 4-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
· RSi2 2-iron / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
· Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges / 47 & 52 (Tour Grind), 58 (ATV grind) Temper DG Tour Issue S400 (wedges bent to 48, 54, 60 respectively)
· Tour Preferred X Golf Ball #87 (Year of Birth)
· Itsy Bitsy Ghost Spider – Itsy Bitsy Proto Putter
· adidas Golf TOUR360 BOA BOOST footwear
· Climachill 3-Stripes Polo
· adidas Golf 3-Stripes Pant
· New Era Tour 39Thirty Hat
MORE ON JASON DAY’S APPAREL & FOOTWEAR
Throughout the week, Jason Day wore a climacool® 3-Stripes polo, which features UPF50+ fabric for sun protection, in the key summer colorways of stone, mineral blue, shock mint, and eqt pink.
Jason Day wins wearing the TOUR360 BOA BOOST. Featuring full-length boost™, a BOA-integrated 360LOOP connected to the 360WRAP for custom fit and stability, an S-shape heal that follows the natural contour of the foot, and a new TORSION TUNNEL for independent flexibility and control between the heel and forefoot, this is the third time this season Day has won wearing the new footwear.