Bryson DeChambeau and Patrick Reed have signed up with the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Invitational Series.
The Telegraph reported on Wednesday that the two Americans have already agreed to multi-million dollar deals, while Rickie Fowler is also close to being confirmed.
Organisers were waiting until Friday to make the announcement but Brett Falkoff, DeChambeau’s agent, told the New York Post after the Telegraph story broke: “Bryson has always been an innovator. Having the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something unique has always been intriguing to him. Professional golf as we know it is changing and it’s happening quickly.”
The 2020 US Open champion had previously said he would stick with the PGA Tour.
“Every person out here has their own opinion on it,” said DeChambeau. “For me, I personally don’t think that at this point in time I’m in a place in my career where I can risk things like that.
“I’m loyal to my family that I’ve created around me with sponsors and everything. And, as of right now, the golf world is probably going to change in some capacity.
“I don’t know what that is. Not my job to do so. I’m just going to keep playing professional golf and enjoy it wherever it takes me, play with the best players in the world. That’s really all I’ve got, that’s what I’ll do for the rest of my life, because I want to be one of the best players in the world.”