The 2021 Memorial Tournament is back but with a complete makeover, thanks to a 10-month redesign of the famous Muirfield Village in Ohio.
Jack Nicklaus was heavily involved in the process and his objective was to make the course better, not harder. The tournament is in its 46th year and is one of the PGA’s most high-profile events outside the Majors.
What are the highlights of the redesign?
• All tees, fairways and greens were reconstructed with Bentgrass, irrigation and precision air systems
• Narrowed fairways throughout
• Every green rebuilt with seven greens moved back
• Notable contour changes in 12 of the rebuilt greens
• All bunkers have been modified
• The course has been lengthened by 139 metres.
The Memorial Tournament tees off on Thursday, 3 June.
View this post on Instagram