The Sunshine Ladies Tour has revealed a new brand identity ahead of its 10th season.
When the season launches on 1 February, flags and branding at the season-opening SuperSport Ladies Challenge presented by Sun International at Sun City will feature a refreshed logo and a strong hashtag to celebrate a decade of driving women’s professional golf in Africa.
“We are very pleased with the new look we have come up with to celebrate a decade of providing professional golfers from across the globe with a strong platform to launch their careers and go all the way,” said Thomas Abt, Sunshine Tour commissioner.
The signature woman golfer in the centre has been retained in a lighter shade of purple, while the colour coral has been incorporated into the sun’s rays to signify the energy, freshness and the deep sense of optimism that is synonymous with Africa’s premier professional women’s golf Tour.
“The Sunshine Ladies Tour has grown into an attractive product,” Abt said. “The success of the Tour has been very encouraging, with international participation increasing year-on-year, and the prize money has more than quadrupled from what was on offer in the first season.
“The Sunshine Ladies Tour has created incredible opportunities for our members through the partnership we have with all our sponsors, and with the Ladies European Tour, which co-sanctions our two flagship tournaments.”
In keeping with the vision of providing those opportunities, the Sunshine Ladies Tour has also adopted a new hashtag – #WeGotGame – to recognise the talents of its members.
“The new branding reinforces the important role the Sunshine Ladies Tour holds in the African sporting landscape as a pathway to the bigger global golfing platforms,” Abt said.
2023 Sunshine Ladies Tour schedule
- R1-million SuperSport Ladies Challenge presented by Sun International, 1-3 February, Gary Player Country Club
- R2.5-million Dimension Data Ladies Pro-Am, 10-12 February, Fancourt (Outeniqua, Montague & Links Courses)
- R400,000 Cape Town Ladies Open, 15-17 February, Atlantic Beach Links
- R1-million Jabra Ladies Classic, 22-24 February, Glendower Golf Club
- €300,000 Joburg Ladies Open*, 1-4 March, Modderfontein Golf Club
- €320,000 Investec South African Women’s Open*, 8-11 March, Steenberg Golf Club
*Co-sanctioned with the Ladies European Tour