Rory McIlroy may not be able to win the Race to Dubai but he remains the favourite to win the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai thanks to his relationship with the Earth Course at Jumeirah Estate.
The Northern Irishman will be tough to beat, and here we look at his outstanding numbers:
– Since this event began back in 2009, McIlroy is a cumulative 129-under par. The next best? Francesco Molinari at -99
– The World No 2 has 25 rounds in the 60s on this course, four more than the next best
– Of those who have played 12 rounds, McIlroy’s scoring average at this venue is 68.42 which is tied best with Patrick Reed
– Of those who have played 12 rounds, he averages two strokes gained on the field per round. 2010 champion Robert Karlsson boasts the same record
– McIlroy is a staggering 48 under in his career on holes 14 through 18: the best in the history of the championship.