Having tested positive for Covid-19 ahead of last week’s CJ Cup, world No 1 Dustin Johnson is now also set to miss the Zozo Championship, which tees off in California on Thursday.
Johnson’s news came as a shock to the golfing world and the American was ultimately forced into a period of self-isolation.
But, his agent, David Winkle, told Golfweek that despite being in much better state this week, Johnson is still not ready to compete.
‘While he is feeling much better, he is still a bit low on energy and feels it would be best to wait and resume his schedule in Houston,’ he said.
The 36-year-old started to experience mild symptoms in the buildup to last week’s event at Shadow Creek Golf Course in Las Vegas and then returned a positive Covid-19 test.
Johnson emphatically won his first FedEx Cup title in September to finish the 2019-20 season as the best golfer on the PGA Tour.
With only one Major title to his name, he will be eager to deliver a big performance at next month’s Masters at Augusta National, although his preparation has now been interrupted somewhat.