What’s happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas … except when one of the PGA TOUR’s most buzzworthy players wins, with one of the industry’s most talked about new technologies the first week he puts it in play.
Bryson DeChambeau did just that when he used COBRA’s new KING F9 SPEEDBACK driver, to open his PGA TOUR season with a win at the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas.
DeChambeau’s KING F9 driver, made its debut in his bag this week, featuring the brand’s breakthrough SPEEDBACK Technology, which, for the first time in golf, successfully combines a highly aerodynamic clubhead shape with low CG.
SPEEDBACK is a game-changing advancement in the way a driver is engineered. The combination of an efficient aerodynamic shape and an engineered weight structure on the sole, improves club speed while maintaining a low, deep CG to create the most efficient transfer of energy to the ball. Utilizing a CNC Precision Milled Face, created using industry-leading face manufacturing technology, allows for a thinner and hotter face design that has shown ball speed increases up to 1.5 mph when tested against a traditional, hand-polished face. These technologies fuse to deliver the ultimate formula for speed and extreme distance.
Inside DeChambeau’s bag:
- Driver: KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver 9° | TPT Model 14 MKP LT | 45.5″
- FWY: KING LTD 3/4 Fwy; 14.5 degrees | True Temper HZRDUS Black | 85x @ 43″
- FWY: F8+ Baffler 5wd | 17.5 degrees | True Temper HZRDUS Black | 85x @ 41”
- Irons: COBRA KING ONE Length Utility (4 &5) | Forged ONE Length | 6-P | True Temper X7 | 37.5″ for all
- Wedges: COBRA KING V Grind | 50° | KING WideLow Grind 55° and 60° | True Temper X7 | 37.5″ for all