The new Titleist TS fairway metals, born from the insights and technical breakthroughs of the Titleist Speed Project, are designed to drive faster ball speeds with higher launch, lower spin and increased MOI for more distance and game-changing forgiveness.
The new TS2 and TS3 fairways – available in September with fitting events beginning today at locations nationwide – provide distinct performance benefits similar to their TS2 and TS3 driver counterparts.
- TS2 is the longest, most forgiving Titleist fairway wood ever, generating explosive speed with forgiveness and accuracy across the face.
- TS3 delivers speed-tuned performance through Titleist’s adjustable SureFit CG technology with dynamic forgiveness and shot control.
‘The Titleist Speed Project taught us how to unlock the speed and distance in every detail of metalwood design. It’s the culmination of all those little things that get you big results,’ said Josh Talge, Vice President, Titleist Golf Club Marketing.
‘The new TS2 fairway is unlike any fairway we’ve ever made. It is a high-launching, low-spinning distance machine that is unbelievably forgiving and will change the way many players look at a fairway wood with how easy it is to get up in the air. TS3 is also incredibly fast and forgiving and allows those players who like to work the ball or need more shot control to really dial-in their performance.’
TITLEIST SPEED CHASSIS
The future of ‘Titleist Speed’ is driven by several key innovations that combine to form the new Titleist Speed Chassis:
- Ultra-Thin Crown. Reduction in crown thickness – 27 percent thinner than the prior generation 917 fairways – allows weight to be shifted lower and deeper.
- Thinner, Faster Face. Refined VFT (variable face thickness) delivers faster ball speeds and increased forgiveness.
- Optimized Weight Distribution. Refined crown and face thicknesses create a lower CG for higher launch and lower spin. The resulting MOI is up to 11 percent higher than 917, creating a powerful combination of speed and stability.
IMPROVED ARC 3.0:
An enhanced Active Recoil Channel (ARC) merges with the Titleist Speed Chassis to launch the ball off the face with higher launch, lower spin and more speed. ARC 3.0 has a taller design than its prior generation, producing even greater face flexibility for a more consistent deflection and increased ball speeds across the face. While the Titleist Speed Chassis obsoleted the need for ARC in TS drivers, it remained a crucial technology for TS fairways due to shots being hit off the turf, low on the face.
TWO WAYS TO SPEED
TS fairways bring more speed to golfers through two distinct designs.
Similar to TS drivers, TS2 fairways lets golfers swing aggressively with maximum forgiveness across the face, and TS3 offer an adjustable sweet spot for speed-tuned performance. Both models feature Titleist’s patented SureFit hosel with 16 independent loft and lie settings to create a more consistent and optimized ball flight through precision fitting.
TS2 FAIRWAYS – STRAIGHT SPEED
– Forgiveness and accuracy across the face, with explosive speed.
– Adjustable Swingweight,
– Taller ARC 3.0
– High Launch, Mid Spin
– Modern Shape, 175cc
– Available lofts: 13.5°, 15°, 16.5°, 18°, 21° (RH Only)
TS3 FAIRWAYS – SPECIALIZED SPEED
– Dynamic forgiveness and shot control, delivering speed-tuned performance.
– Adjustable Swingweight & SureFit CG
– Taller ARC 3.0
– Mid Launch, Low Spin
– Traditional Shape, 175cc
– Available lofts: 13.5°, 15°, 16.5°, 18° lofts (LH 15°, 16.5° )
In addition, Titleist offers an industry-leading number of custom shaft choices.