From four shots back, Johnson overpowers Oakmont using bag filled with TaylorMade Metalwoods, Irons & Golf Ball and wearing adidas Golf footwear & apparel.
What You Need to Know:
• Johnson’s win is the 8th this year for TaylorMade’s M drivers and 5th in the last 6 weeks (also: Day, Garcia, McGirt & Berger).
• Johnson plays a 10.5* M1 driver (set to 11*) with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X. He has both weights centered (neutral position). He first put into play at the ’15 BMW Championship.
• Johnson’s M1 fairway is a 16.5* HL with both weights toward the toe to help to hit the fade he plays with the majority of his shots.
• With the win, Johnson has emerged victorious in each of his first nine seasons on the PGA TOUR (the longest current streak)
• Johnson has now finished in the top 12 in eight of his last nine major championship starts.
• To take advantage of Oakmont’s speedy fairways, Johnson swapped his M1 fairway wood 5-wood this week for a UDI #2. He has Project X’s HZRDUS Black 105 on it, which he added just this week.
• Johnson’s win marks the 8th win for the TOUR360 Boost this year.
In Johnson’s U.S. Open Championship Bag:
• M1 Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X / 45.75″ / D4 swing weight
• M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90
• UDI (#2) / Project X HZRDUS Black 105X
• Tour Preferred MB (’14) 3-PW / True Temper DG Tour Issue X100
• Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges (52 & 60 degrees) / KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel
• Tour Preferred Glove
• New Era 9Fifty Low Crown Cap
• Tour Preferred X (’14) Golf Ball (#1: in aspiration of one-putting every hole)
Johnson also wore adidas Golf footwear and apparel throughout the week.
• Throughout the week, Johnson wore two different adidas Golf polos, the climacool gradient polo and the climacool performance polo, both of which utilize climacool technology for zonal cooling.
• His polos were paired with the ultimate pant, which features a stretch waistband with silicone gripper, moisture-wicking and water resistant stretch fabrication.
• Johnson laced up TOUR360 Boost footwear featuring full-length BOOST™ cushioning, an improved 360WRAP, and a dual-density 10-cleat puremotion® TPU outsole.